Friday, January 7, 2011

Knitting: A work in Progress

I'm not much of a shawl person, but the current trend in knitting are these smaller shawlettes. You get all the joy of knitting a lace shawl but a more modern size. Wear it as a shawl or wear it as a scarf. Or wear it backwards like a bandana. I'm telling you the shawlette is a perfect accessory. Currently I'm working a pattern called Traveling Woman in a delightful sockweight yarn by Alina Shea. I'm really loving both the pattern and the yarn.

It's a much quicker knit then I thought it was going to be. I'm hoping to finish it by tomorrow. It will only have taken me a week if that's the case! And that's with making stitch markers and doing the whole mom thing.
In the ball the yarn looks like a purplish grey mass. But once you start knitting it you can really see the color variations. You just don't see that pink in the ball. LOVE it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...